Thursday, July 1, 2010

Skiing In The Most Beautiful Resorts

Skiing is something, that I can't claim that, I am very much into and is quite been there it, done that kind of affair. This is not because of the fact that I don't like skiing; I truly enjoy doing it and am fortunate enough to experience the thrill in some of the best destinations for this spine chilling sport. I just feel that the more I do it, the more it leaves me with an insatiable desire to try it one more time! It reminds me of Britney Spears who explodes- Hit me baby one more time!!! and like her I also want to sulk by saying- Oops I did it again!

As I penned before, I am kind of lucky (another Britney number, you can blame it on my inclination towards her music) to ski down some awesome ranges across the globe. Here they go:

Saint Moritz, Switzerland: Wow! My trip to Switzerland was as freaking as it could have been! This ski resort is a sort of paradise with extended snow covered slopes that offers a memorable skiing session. Well, apart from the exciting skiing time in Saint Moritz, I really felt special when I learnt that several Bonds movies were also shot in this location! At the sideline of skiing, I also stepped in the Segantini Museum and visited the Morteratsch Glacier.

Verbier, Switzerland: I was not done with the former and bugged the guide for more skiing resorts. Helpless, the poor fellow suggested me to hit Verbier, another mind blowing destination. As I was based in Geneva which stands at a distance of 160 kms from it, I took a train to Verbier, though I had other options like hiring a cable car or boarding a bus. The slopes of Verbier are a tough deal as it threatens the pro and the ametuer alike. Of them, I liked the slopes of Mont Gele that truly met with my desire for a thrilling adventure.

Cortina d’ Ampezzo, Italy: Though I had already done much of skiing in Switzerland, I could not resist myself when I heard about the Cortina d‘ Ampezzo (Queen of the Dolomites) during my trip to Italy. The snow ranges are exotic and believe me, is a cool break from the Gondolas. Did I have a good time there!

Courchevel, France: Frankly speaking, I was in no mood to try skiing in France. Was happily strolling in the streets of Paris mingling with the finest crowd in the world. But, from nowhere I came to know about two of the most ecstatic skiing resort in the world that is located in this charming country. The first is Courchevel resort that offers a challenging slope for the skiiers, but it was not that toiling to over come that. And that left me with enough energy to burn in the party at La Croissette, right at the center of Les Caves.

Val d’ Isere, France: Once I stepped in this ski destination, I thanked my decision to come here. It was simply superb! The slopes are pretty high; but it really doesn't matter given the fact that you go skiing to push the limits. The stretch of the skiing range is almost 300 kms in area and is well equipped with modern resorts.

Quite heavy on the wallet though, but every penny spent is worth!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP